Balance is the Key: The Future of Global Manufacturing
The Future of Manufacturing: Opportunities to Drive Economic Growth, a World Economic Forum Report released in collaboration with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, represents a twelve month collaboration among senior manufacturing executives, policymakers and subject matter experts. The Report provides an assessment of how the global manufacturing ecosystem is evolving, the trends impacting future global manufacturing competitiveness, as well as insight into the key resources and capabilities in which competition will occur. The Report concludes by providing insight into the role of public policy and its impact on manufacturing competitiveness.
Key findings and insights outlined in the report include:
Section 1: Manufacturing's Globalization
- Identification of key drivers of change that have occurred over the past 20 years.
- Explores whether manufacturing still matters and the research associated with why it does.
Section 2: The New Calculus of Manufacturing
- Recent trends that will alter the nature of manufacturing's globalization over the next few decades.
- How this change will affect manufacturing supply chains.
Section 3: Future Competition: Resources, Capabilities and Public Policy
- Examines key areas in where countries and companies will face the most intense competition in the future.
- Where policy makers and business leaders will need to collaborate in the development of the solutions necessary to benefit both private enterprises and the overall well-being of nations.
The research included in the report is complemented by insights from seven project workshops at various global locations.
Download the complete Report here.