Roevin Engineering and Technology is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative (CSR) for our client. This will be a 3 month contract working a full time schedule. The CSR job is located in North Vancouver, BC. The CSR will provide administrative support to operating personnel to achieve the organizations safety, quality, environmental, and production objectives. Primary functions are to help manage the rail, truck, and vessel traffic requirements of the site, coordinate the dispatch of the Foreman and Longshore workforce, provide all site traffic and dispatch requirements during rotating weekends, and help with timely billing to customers. They will project a professional demeanor and attitude and respond in a courteous manner to customer demands and inquiries.
- Interface and communicate with customers, customer agents, stakeholders, sampling companies, regulators, rail companies, BCMEA, and Pacific Pilots Association to ensure timely loading or unloading of vessels and the cost effective delivery, loading or unloading and release of rail cars and trucks.
- Scheduling and dispatching of the Longshore workforce (Locals 500 and 514)
- Help compile and generate customer billing invoices for terminal services rendered.
- Know and understand all of the customer contracts.
- Maintain Longshore attendance records, Foremen dispatch points, and all other applicable statistics and reports necessary to keep track of Regular Workforce personnel.
- Understand the terms and rules contained within the Terminals applicable ILWU Local 500 and Local 514 collective agreements regarding performance, pay, and behavior at the Terminal.
- Comply with HRSDC, Vancouver Wharves terminal safety as well as the organizations regulations/requirements and adhere and follow all EHS procedures or programs, Terminal SOPs, and Terminal SSPs.
- Assist in maintaining staff schedules.
- Assist with preparing foreman instructions, safety, quality and environmental documentation.
- Provide overall support and vacation relief for inside Operations Coordinators.
- Provide overall support to Operations Managers and Operations Superintendents
- Prefer Degree/diploma in business, facilities operation, or equivalent marine academy/transportation education
- Combination of equivalent experience and education will also be considered
- Previous waterfront operations experience (vessel operations, steamship agency, transportation role etc.)
- Operations experience in a unionized environment
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with others and able to direct union labour
- Flexibility in adapting to changing needs, detail oriented and adept at analytical problem solving
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction
- Valid drivers license
- Demonstrated written and oral communication competencies, able to write and speak in a clear, concise manner for different types of audiences to openly communicate information in a timely manner
Qualified candidates interested in the CSR Job located in Vancouver, BC, please apply online at www.roevin.ca
Or by direct email to Susan Brown:
Sbrown @ roevin.ca
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted; your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities. B5000