Project Controls Manager
The Project Controls Manager job in Calgary, AB is a full time contract position with our Oil & Gas client. In this In-Situ Projects role, the Project Controls Manager is accountable for estimating development, project schedule plan development, cost and change management, progress and performance, analysis, forecasting and stewardship reporting with establishing strong and accurate baseline for the projects. Experience in project controls in estimating and project plan development within a major projects environment is required.
Responsibilities of the Project Controls Manager include:
- As a leader, provide project controls service to project management with active participation of all necessary project stakeholders.
- Establish and updates the Work Breakdown Structure, the Work Packages, the Control Accounts and the Cost Breakdown Structure.
- Prepare project controls plan, change management plan and all required project controls deliverables for Feed phase of project.
- Onboarding and continuous stewardship of Engineering, procurement and Construction contractors to the Client project controls requirements for early compliance to the contractual controls obligations and standards.
- Working with estimating and planning, establish Class-3 capital cost estimate and Level-3 schedule plan per Client requirements for stage-gate approval leading to establishment of project baseline / control budget.
- Ensures the monitoring and control of incurred / actual costs, incurred cost flow & variance analysis, change management process (scope changes, non-scope changes and potential changes), with impact on project forecast (estimate at completion, forecast at completion), and is accountable for all project reporting accuracy.
- Analyzes project schedule performance against stage baseline and the critical path. Recommend and agree corrective actions with the project team where required to mitigate schedule progress slippage.
- Working with contractors, implements tracking of home-office progress and performance earned value (EV) system with verification, analysis, forecast and reporting for project.
- Influences the thinking of project team with recommendations and alert messages regarding cost, schedule, progress and performance and risks.
- Provides broad guidance with respect to stake?s holders and senior management decisions to meet project objectives
- Manages the interfaces with functional counter-parts like PC Estimating, Construction, Supply Chain, Finance, and Project Governance.
- Working with contractors and functional counterparts, leads the month-end reporting, project performance metrics, and stewardship process per required timelines.
- Mentors and coaches and responsible for performance management of assigned direct reports.
- 15 or more years of progressive project controls experience in the oil and gas sector.
- Project controls experience in estimate and project plan development in a major projects environment a requirement.
- Additional experience in cost estimating fundamentals, change management and risk management an asset.
- Bachelor?s degree or better.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of project controls processes, procedures and best practices.
- Ability to be hands-on to support critical project needs and management of tight deadlines.
- Good communication and inter-personnel skills and ability to manage interfaces related to project controls.
- Ability to quickly establish relationships, gain credibility and collaborate to further project success.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3, EcoSys, Primavera, ACCE, Microsoft office applications like Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Must be able to work as an Independent Contractor.
Qualified candidates interested in the Project Controls Manager position in Calgary, AB, please apply online at www.roevin.ca.
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted; your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.