The Field Plant Operator job (multiple positions) near Fort McMurray, Alberta is a full time contract position with our Oil &Gas client. Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for operating plant equipment in the assigned operating unit in a safe and efficient manner according to established practices, procedures and operating guidelines. You will operate, monitor and adjust plant equipment and process variables to optimize production in an environmentally responsible manner.
Responsibilities of the Field Plant Operator job include:
- Validate operations procedures, hazardous energy isolation sheets and operator rounds, as well as perform commissioning and start up activities, and participate in the operator training program (all prior to startup)
- Operate plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to established practices, procedures and operating guidelines
- Conduct regular equipment checks, perform basic troubleshooting
- Maintain equipment by conducting preventative maintenance including regular equipment checks, troubleshooting, diagnosing a problem, prepare equipment for maintenance, performing basic repairs, initiating maintenance request and preparing area for maintenance
- Ensure the safety of personnel working within the assigned area and ensure Personal Protective Equipment and other plant policies are followed during operations
- Ten or more years of complex hydrocarbon or petrochemical operating experience within oil sands, refining, petrochemical, gas plants and/or upgrading.
- Commissioning, start-up and shut-down, and/or turnaround experience within an Paraffinic Froth Treatment Plant would be an asset
- Experience coaching, training and/or mentoring junior staff is an asset
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Process Safety Management (PSM) knowledge is an asset
- Ability to read and understand process and instrument diagrams
- Working knowledge of procedure writing and updating; Work Notification Skills would be an asset (SAP)
- An exceptionally strong safety mindset
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, communication and decision making skills
*This is a site based rotational role on a 7/7 schedule. Fly in Fly out only from Edmonton or Calgary, Camp accommodations provided. Shifts will be a combination of Days/ Nights.
Qualified candidates interested in the Field Plant Operator job near Fort McMurray, AB, please apply online at www.roevin.ca.
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted; your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.