Adecco’s client, located in Kanata, is presently searching for a Senior Pre and Post Sales Engineer to join its team. The Senior Pre and Post Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the implementation of the various technology that our client represents. The selected candidate will hold a diploma or degree from a related computer program and have at minimum 8 years of experience in deploying Server solutions and in SAN/NAS storage such as EMC, Hitachi and Netapp. He/she will also be experienced in software such as VMWare VCP, Redhat, CommVault and Microsoft.
This is a permanent opportunity offering a competitive compensation package including 3 weeks of vacation, medical/dental benefits, and salary plus commissions on pre-sales support.
Duties of a Senior Pre and Post Sales Engineer Include:
• Have the skillset and desire to build out an implantation services practice with our client.
• Ability to estimate cost and hours for various technology implementations.
• Ability to self-manage implementations and must have strong Project Management experience.
• Project Manage manufacturer lead or third party white label services.
• Install and maintain various storage, networking and compute solutions as well as converged solutions.
• Architect solutions and work closely with the sales team and pre-sales team.
• Identify resale opportunities, and support them to achieve sales plans.
• Create sales or service contracts for products or services
• Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
• Aid in preparing and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
• Attend product certification courses and effectively hold certificates for our client.
• Attend company training seminars to become familiar with product lines.
• Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
• Confer with customers and engineers to assess business needs, and to determine system requirements.
• Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
• Recommend hardware, software and services to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
• Assist to sales team with products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use.
• Diagnose problems with installed equipment.
• Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
• Train team members in the customer applications of technologies.
• Periodically write technical documentation for products.
• Other duties as required.
Requirements of this Opportunity Include:
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in deploying Server solutions.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in SAN/NAS storage such as EMC, Hitachi and Netapp.
• College or University diploma in computer specific course or equivalent experience.
• Experienced in software including VMware VCP, Redhat, CommVault, and Microsoft
• Understand and further knowledge on converged Architecture.
• Have an understanding and willingness to learn Software Defined Solutions. Including VMware and Redhat on X86 servers.
• Laptop and Desktop (HP, Lenovo).
• UPS’s (Eaton, APC, Leibert).
• Security clearance (Secret).
• Excellent written and Verbal Communication skills.
• Likes to work in a team environment.
• Strong organizational, judgement and leadership skills.
To be considered for this new and exciting Senior Pre and Post Sales Engineer opportunity, APPLY NOW!