Adecco is currently assisting its client located approximately one hour south-east of downtown Ottawa in the recruitment of an IT Support Technician for a permanent opportunity. The IT Support Technician will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of IT services and support across the organization.
The perfect candidate for this role has more than five years of experience working in a similar role for tech and support center management with excellent leadership and organizational skills. Candidates must have their own vehicle as public transportation is not available. This role will also require on-call support outside of regular business hours.
IT Support Technician Responsibilities
- Provide local and remote support to all users across the organization
- Communicate effectively and clearly with both technical and non-technical user requests in order to determine, assess, prioritize, resolve, and document requests and problems.
- Responsible for deployment, administration and support for all hardware and business software, including license management.
- Responsible for the IT security and backup strategy administration for servers, end user devices, and network.
- Provide first, and where applicable, second level support to all users.
- Facilitate and track third level support with partnered outside product service providers.
- Document issues, track, and resolve within the help desk ticketing system.
- Work with IT technology vendors of in-house hardware, software, and professional services.
IT Support Technician Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree and experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role for tech and support center management
- IT experience in a retail, transportation or home heating environment
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of servers, workstations, network firewalls, routers and switches, peripherals such as printers and mobile devices, network antivirus security (Sophos, Kaspersky, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with backups for Microsoft and VM environments.
- Advanced knowledge and experience and support of Microsoft products and operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with LAN, WAN, Active Directory administration, DNS, DHCP, domain controllers, Microsoft file servers, telephone and communications.
- Strong knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods; systems testing and evaluation processes, methods, tools; IT security models and methods; internet technologies, and emerging information technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with PDI, Prophix Corporate Performance Management, Computrol Profuel, Infosite DM Maintenance, Sage Simply Accounting, Bullock POS
- Microsoft certifications, Cisco certifications and information security certifications are an asset
If you would like to be considered for this IT Support Technician opportunity, please click APPLY NOW!