Adecco is currently hiring for Personal Accident Claims Examiner in Toronto, ON. The role of a Personal Accident Claims Examiner is to make sound and accurate decisions in the assessment of Personal Accident claims. To qualify for this Personal Accident Claims Examiner role you must be available Mon-Fri from 8:00AM – 5:00 PM. This is a 16-month contract with a pay rate of $20.75 an hour.
Personal Accident Claims Examiner required Responsibilities:
• Provide high quality cost effective adjudication services which meet or exceed expectations provided to Policyholders, agents and customers
• Review the claim information to a) verify that the information on the application for insurance is the same as stated on the claim form; b) determine whether additional requirements are required; c) determine the Company’s liability, if any, within the appropriate level of controls
• Adjudicate contestable claims for misrepresentation and fraud
• Evaluate medical / financial documents to determine whether disability is substantiated and benefit amount eligibility
• Administer and document claims for assessment of continued eligibility for benefits, i.e requests for additional information, assessment of other benefits, return to work, change of definition, pursuance of other sources of income, or any other information
• Prepare all written correspondence, including, requests for additional information, communication of decisions, etc.
• Upgrade adjudication skills on an ongoing basis and provide assistance to the Credit claims team
• Maintain a sound knowledge of products, procedures, systems, contract wording and claims management
• Assist with training of co-workers and new employees on the PA claims processes and claim system
Personal Accident Claims Examiner required Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in adjudicating Disability claims
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent oral & written communication skills
• Thorough understanding of contract provisions and awareness of the Insurance Act
• Must have a good working knowledge of medical conditions and terminology
• Good working knowledge of financial documents
• Good analytical, organizational, conceptual and investigative skills in order to evaluate information from various key sources in order to assess risk in making timely and effective decisions with appropriate interpretation of policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a high functioning team
• Ongoing development in related courses such as LOMA, ICA, etc., and commitment to continued education
• Able to take initiative, work well both independently and within team, and acquire good problem solving skills
Why work for Adecco?
• Great Pay +4% vacation pay
• Paid weekly-accurate and on time
• Medical and dental benefits once qualified
• Strong health and safety programs
• Flexible shifts
• Free training programs
If you are interested in this Personal Accident Claims Examiner job in Toronto, ON, apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.