Senior Technical Services Advisor (Ontario)
Roevin Engineering and Technology (a division of The Adecco Group), on behalf of our client, Petro-Canada Lubricants, is currently hiring a Senior Technical Services Advisor. Reporting to the Team Leader, Lubricants Technical Services Canada, you will work closely with the technical services and sales teams, research and development, marketing, and customer order fulfillment departments to provide equipment technical expertise, product application knowledge, and data management in order to support the Lubricants sales organization in gaining, developing and maintaining business and customer relationships. This position will be home-based in Ontario and will focus on Ontario and the Maritimes.
SENIOR TECHNICAL SERVICES ADVISOR - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Petro-Canada Lubricants sales team, their distributors and customers
- Investigate and resolve product application problems by conducting root cause analysis while working with research and development (R&D), manufacturing, production and quality assurance personnel in resolving perceived product quality issues
- Conduct plant lubrication surveys, complete using electronic and documented reports
- Co-ordinate/lead and support customer acceptance tests and R&D/marketing product development field trials to input into the development, manufacturing and launching of products
- Represent Petro-Canada Lubricants as the technical and business subject matter expert for all segment product applications to support sales to grow existing and obtain new business in various segments while developing strong relationships
- Develop, modify and present technical presentations and organize and participate in training seminars to customers, distributors, and Petro-Canada staff
- Provide industry specific field knowledge to the Sales, R&D, and Marketing departments regarding product performance, customer needs, and industry trends Work with approved contract labs and our R&D lab to develop and support oil analysis programs
- Support original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product approvals and input to the lead technical services advisor for updating of the OEM approvals and specifications databases, completing lubricants cross-referencing and providing updates of the cross-reference database
- Provide back-up technical support to other technical services advisors in other geographies and segments as required
SENIOR TECHNICAL SERVICES ADVISOR - QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of experience in a petroleum, base oils/lubricants and equipment-related field
- At least five years of experience with excellent knowledge of lubricants development, testing protocols, equipment application and performance, and equipment reliability
- Bachelor degree in engineering or science, with the Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) certification as an asset; or a technology diploma with the CLS certification as a requirement
- Excellent knowledge of lubricants development, testing protocols, equipment application and performance, and equipment reliability
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite, SAP, customer relationship management (CRM) mobile sales, and database management
- Strong knowledge of commercial and industrial lubricants and their applications for rotating equipment in a wide range of industries, including food, general manufacturing, fleet and construction, steel, power generation, mining, etc.
- Knowledge of base oil refining technologies and chemical industry processes and the chemical effects imparted on base oils and lubricants by those technologies
- Working knowledge and participation in audits of ISO/TS quality and environmental systems and OEM registrations, warehouse, blending, and distribution protocols
- Ability to lead customer acceptance trials as well as comprehensive investigations and root cause analysis to resolve perceived product quality issues
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent written communication and oral presentation skills for audiences of varying sizes, backgrounds, and levels of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams as well as working independently with minimal supervision
- Extensive travel, primarily within the territory
- The position will be based in a home office in Ontario.
If you are interested in these Senior Technical Services Advisor positions with Petro-Canada Lubricants - please click - Apply Now - or apply to the recruitment consultant listed below.
Account Manager, Engineering and Manufacturing
1-877-272-4887 x 287
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation is an independent petroleum refiner in the United States headquartered in Dallas, TX with five complex refineries capable of processing 457,000 barrels per day located in Cheyenne, WY, El Dorado, KS, Artesia, NM, Tulsa, OK, and Woods Cross, UT. Subsidiaries of HollyFrontier produce and market gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, heavy products and specialty lubricant products. Additionally, HollyFrontier Corporation owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products that are sold worldwide. HollyFrontier also owns a 37% interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (HEP) which includes the 2% general partnership interest. HEP provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries. Our mission is to be the premier U.S. petroleum refining, pipeline and terminal company and we believe hiring and developing employees is crucial to achieving these goals. To this end, we are committed to operating in a safe, reliable and environmentally responsible manner, to efficiently operating our existing assets, to offering our customers superior products and services, and to growing both organically and through strategic acquisitions.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Roevin Engineering & Technology, is a specialised technical recruitment division of The Adecco Group - and this position and others may be seen here: www.roevin.ca