Our client, a leading Automotive Supplier, is looking for a full time Permanent Project Manager to join their team in Stoney Creek, ON.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Program Managers in the development and launch of new programs. Project Engineer will potentially champion up front product development tasks as well as in plant activities and oversee Secondary Equipment, Check Fixture and Packaging construction as assigned. They will carry out these tasks utilizing procedures outlined in TS 16949 Quality System and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Some of the tasks include but are not limited to:
• Provide Program Leadership and Customer Interface as assigned by PM and EM (APQP meetings, conduct paint/mould/assembly trials).
• Responsible for executing (Scope, Source, Design, Build, Validate, Launch) Secondary equipment with Production Dept input.
• Accountable for executing CMM/Gauge fixtures with Quality Dept input.
• Responsible for execute packaging (WIP and F/G).
• Prepare and present procurement documents and business cases for assignments.
• Develop and update Core documentation during launch. i.e. OIN, PFD, PFMEA.
• Assist & Maintain business documents (BOM, VSM, Asset Tracking, and Balance Sheet).
• Complete Pre-production builds and coordinate shipments of samples and equipment.
• Participate in upfront inputs in the areas of design analysis and costing.
• Work with suppliers to ensure design for manufacturability is being considered.
• Participate in customer meetings as required.
• Support with GR&R and capability studies or product and or equipment.
• Assist with cost validation at each APQP gate (cycle time, material cost, accuracy)
Please, if you have the following skills/expertise, we will be looking forward to your application:
Project Engineer Skills Required:
• Project Management (timelines, budget)
• Technical writing
• APQP Process
• Root Cause Analysis
• Customer and Company Leadership oral presentations
• Self Motivated
• Strong Computer skills (MS Office, Project, 3D CAD)
• Decision Making
Qualifications / Requirements of the Project Engineer:
• University Degree or College Diploma, preferably in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
• Experience in any of the following disciplines: injection moulding, painting, stamping and roll form and assembly processes.
• The Ability to work to firm deadlines in a high paced environment.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in automotive production environment with a minimum of 10 years in a Progressive Technical role, with 3-5 years in Program Launches.