Adecco is currently hiring for a Payroll Systems Manager for our client in London, ON. The Payroll Systems Manager is responsible for managing the corporate payroll function including policy development, processing, on-going development and maintenance of the corporate scheduling, attendance, payroll and related systems. Monitors corporate adherence to all applicable payroll legislation and collective agreements and financial accounting and reporting.
The responsibilities of the Payroll Systems Manager include:
- Responsible for the effective utilization of staff and other resources to efficiently and effectively carry out assigned responsibilities including staff training, supervision, performance management, hiring, discipline, appointments and transfers.
- Liaises with and assesses the payroll needs of various Departments
- Organizes plans and prioritizes solutions for implementation including: automated enhancements, business process improvements or other solutions.
- Plans and ensures the timely completion and compliance with legislation applicable to the Corporation regarding payroll.
- All regulatory compliance for payroll source deductions in accordance with CRA legislation to include, CPP, EI, Income tax and employer health tax.
- T4 reconciliation, reporting and compliance to include all pension adjustments and taxable benefits
- Monitoring and setup of parking and automobile taxable benefits
- Responsible for the effective operation of day-to-day activities of scheduling, time and attendance recording, timely and accurate payroll processing, payroll accounting, and management reporting.
- Directs and controls Corporate scheduling, attendance and payroll systems and recommends system and control enhancements as necessary.
- Advises and assists the management and staff of all Departments regarding payroll functions.
- Responsible for the development of specialized attendance, payroll and financial management reports to assist management in decision making including provision of information to Human Resources related to labour relations issues.
- Responsible for the initiation, implementation and review of procedures and operating systems for all payroll agencies.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and remittance of all payroll liabilities.
- Responsible for the coordination and monitoring of pay direct systems.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of the budget for retiree benefits including administration of pre-authorized payment of benefits.
- Five to seven years previous related experience in managerial capacity plus experience in systems development of automated payroll and attendance information systems.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office and computer skills, with focus within Excel
- Ability to sustain minimal data entry/numerical errors
- High level of confidentiality
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of federal and provincial laws and regulations
- Professional accounting designation
- Four year university degree in economics, commerce, finance, or business administration.
- Payroll Management Certificate from CPA
If you are interested in this Payroll Systems Manager job in London, ON, apply at Adecco.ca today!