Roevin Engineering and Technology (a division of The Adecco Group), on behalf of our client, Petro-Canada Lubricants, is currently hiring for a Research Technologist at Petro-Canada Lubricants in Mississauga. Reporting to the Product Development Manager, Core Products, the Research Technologist will be responsible for providing laboratory support for lubricants product research and development.
RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIST - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lubricant product development laboratory support
- Formulation development and blending of prototype product samples including both small scale and large scale (pilot blending plant)
- Execute physical testing of samples and coordinate testing with external laboratories
- Develop, implement and maintain test methods for use in lubricants product development, problem solving and customer assistance
- Adhere to all of our safety, quality and environmental procedures in the laboratory
- Display good laboratory bench techniques and show initiative in carrying out tasks
- Support programs in new areas of expertise, working with product specialists and other technicians and technologists
- Provide product issue resolution support and collaborate within the organization to solve problems
- Adhere to all safety, quality (ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949) and environmental (ISO 14001) procedures in the laboratory, document and maintain records
- Execute other assigned research and development tasks
RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIST - QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree or Diploma in Chemical or Chemical Engineering Technology
- Experience in a chemical or petroleum product laboratory environment
- Experience in implementation and testing requirements of ASTM International standardized test methods for lubricants and related products
- Experience in method development, validation and quality system documentation
- You demonstrate knowledge and capability in lubricant formulation development, sample blending and testing
- You have excellent laboratory bench technique and ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- Your excellent computer skills will be put to use preparing data for analysis and building and maintaining spreadsheets and reports
- Your ability to work well within a team and independently is critical to your success
- You demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills
- You are a self-starter willing to take the initiative on new tasks and projects Working Conditions
- You will work in a laboratory and pilot blending plant environment
If you are interested in this Research Technologist position at the Petro-Canada Lubricants facility in Mississauga - please click -Apply Now-
Manager, Recruitment Services
905-272-4344 x 247
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
? Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
? Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
? Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
? Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
? Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
? Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation is an independent petroleum refiner in the United States headquartered in Dallas, TX with five complex refineries capable of processing 457,000 barrels per day located in Cheyenne, WY, El Dorado, KS, Artesia, NM, Tulsa, OK, and Woods Cross, UT. Subsidiaries of HollyFrontier produce and market gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, heavy products and specialty lubricant products. Additionally, HollyFrontier Corporation owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products that are sold worldwide. HollyFrontier also owns a 37% interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (HEP) which includes the 2% general partnership interest. HEP provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries. Our mission is to be the premier U.S. petroleum refining, pipeline and terminal company and we believe hiring and developing employees is crucial to achieving these goals. To this end, we are committed to operating in a safe, reliable and environmentally responsible manner, to efficiently operating our existing assets, to offering our customers superior products and services, and to growing both organically and through strategic acquisitions.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Roevin Engineering & Technology, is a specialised technical recruitment division of The Adecco Group.
For more information, please visit: (www.hollyfrontier.com/careers)