The Chief QA Lead job is a full time, long term contract position in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate will have 20 or more years of relevant QA / QC experience on large scale Owner and EPC construction projects (particularly pipeline). An Engineering degree or Technologist degree in mechanical or metallurgical discipline is required. Experience with leading a large Quality team is also required. This opportunity is on a significant major project, an ability to work under extreme pressure is needed to be successful.
Responsibilities of the Chief Quality Assurance Lead include:
- Support the execution Directors (Pipeline and Facilities) in development of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and ensure that the quality control aspects of Construction Execution have been properly addressed as developed by the construction contractor and are aligned with the company Quality Management Plan.
- Liaise with Engineering Director, discipline engineering leads and operations representatives to provide direction / guidance to engineering contractors on design development quality control and assurance issues ensuring that technical and operations requirements are being met.
- Liaise with the Engineering Director and discipline engineering team leads responsible for design integrity to ensure all code, regulatory, standard and specification requirements are being met.
- Oversee overall QA monitoring of EPC and GCC contractors' progress, performance, and non-conformances and mitigation actions to ensure alignment with quality objectives; confirming quality control records and deliverables for all sub projects.
- Prepare and review scoping documents to ensure all aspects of QA / QC requirements in contractors' scope of work are properly captured.
- Coordinate technical input / scope of work into bid packages.
- Lead a team of quality inspection professionals in supporting the overall execution and in particular construction execution.
- Assure contractors' compliance with total quality control and regulatory requirements and commitments.
- Present specific quality plans and progress status updates to project stakeholders.
- Review quality management plan and contractors project specific proposed quality plans to ensure requirements and commitments are properly being addressed.
- Ensure QA / QC document management and lifecycle information requirements are being met through all phases of project execution.
- Develop and implement audit program that addresses engineering, supplier, and construction work scope.
- Oversee the project joining program.
- Twenty (20) years or more relevant QA / QC experience in construction execution of major projects on Owner and EPC projects
- Possess Engineering degree or Technologist degree in mechanical or metallurgical particularly in pipeline, equipment, piping areas
- Thorough familiarity with relevant Canadian and International codes and standards, welding
- Highly skilled in quality inspection with experience directing and managing a large quality team,
- Expert in material selection, metallurgical suitability and corrosion mitigation,
- Experienced in quality management / surveillance audits for multiple major projects,
- Excellent understanding of work processes within very large projects throughout all project phases; concept development to detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Able to develop a trustworthy and honest working relationship with VP and Director level to ensure alignment in delivering on project objectives and meeting expectations.
- Disciplined and focused behavior to ensure that all actions are aligned with the overall execution plans, strategies and leadership direction given for the project.
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills.
- Proven multitasking skills and can work under extreme pressure.
- Excellent analytical and computational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel as required, 20-30% of the time
- Able to engage as an Independent Contractor
- Able to work for any employer in Canada without restriction
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online via at www.roevin.ca
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted; your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.