Online Projects Advisor
The Online Projects Advisor job is a full time contract position based in Calgary, Alberta with our oil and gas owner client. The position is part of the e-Communications team and reports to the Sr. Advisor, Online Communications. You will have a Bachelor?s degree (business or communications preferred) and a thorough understanding of online and marketing communications principles and practices. PMP designation is an asset. Six or more years? experience with account/project management and web management as well as proven client service skills are a must.
Responsibilities of the Advisor, Online Projects job include:
Relationship / Client Management
- Develops excellent relationships with internal clients and works with them early in the strategy and planning stage to understand their business objectives.
- Regular and effective communication with internal clients on project updates, added-value enhancements, process improvements and best-in-class web practices.
- Plays a key role in coordinating and influencing multiple stakeholders to deliver integrated Corporate websites.
- In consultation with subject matter experts, provides evaluation of degree of scope and complexity of incoming projects for the purpose of prioritizing and triaging projects so appropriate resources and timelines can be assigned.
Relationship / Web Production Support
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting of web team workload/activities and output of projects.
Regularly maintain corporate online properties using enterprise content management system(s) - Sitecore and RedDot.
- Identifies areas for improvements related to e-Comms services, tools and processes and leads implementation where appropriate.
- Creates and manages end-to-end project plans that include deliverables related to the complete web development cycle, including project insights, requirements, execution, measurement and sustainment.
- Documents requirements and creates and manages work back schedules, requirements, estimates, and internal and third-party resources. Create digital briefs in collaboration with team members.
- End-to-end project management and execution of online projects through to implementation for various business clients for company branded websites using multiple resources such as IT, digital agencies, and internal content and analytics subject matter experts.
- Works with the Sr. Advisor Online Communication and with various business clients for to understand their business goals and influence strategic and tactical approach.
- Prepare, document, monitor and report on all aspects of multiple projects including and not limited to: scope, risks, issues, schedule, estimates, budget, quality control, administration and communication.
- Works with business partners to understand their budgets and reviews and negotiates web production estimates on their behalf.
- Understands and supports web update and development process as required.
- Stays up to date with new web trends.
- Works autonomously with minimal supervision - and is responsible for delivering end-to-end short and longer term projects of varying degree of scope and complexity while engaging multiple resources and stakeholders teams such as the project team, agencies and IT. Delivers strategic support to internal Corporate clients for day-to-day projects, demonstrating a strong understanding of the e-Communications service offering.
- Provides input and direction on what online elements are working (by measuring analytics and qualitative feedback) to evolve online tools to meet objectives.
- Researches best practices and brings forward new ideas.
- Required to problem solve and understand what internal and external resources to leverage to complete projects on time
- Bachelor?s degree (in business or communications preferable) with a thorough understanding of online and marketing communications principles and practices.
- PMP designation an asset.
- 6-10 years account management and web management experience and proven client service skills.
- Excellent account and web project management and communication skills with ?hands on? web management experience
- Familiarity with online B2B and B2C audience segmentation, user experience and journeys, user tasks/flows and A/B testing
- General knowledge of front-end and back-end digital ecosystems (e.g., user interface, responsive design, mobile accessibility, domain strategy, network security, etc.) and ability to interface with IT
- Experience with PMP software such as Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated business acumen resulting in project success fulfilling the goals and objectives set.
- Understanding of HTML and web content management system experience such as Sitecore.
- Knowledgeable about UAT and QA best practices and implementation.
- Experience working with digital agencies.
- Knowledge of current web and mobile technology and online communication trends/best practices.
- Knowledge of the value of analytics and measuring objectives to influence digital strategy and tactics.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; must be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with business clients and key stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internet development and clients, and also liaising with IT (technology support).
- Able to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
- Detailed oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with solid problem-solving skills possessing a positive, can-do attitude and ability to provide excellent client service.
- Internet experience in a large, geographically dispersed, complex organization an asset.
- Manages large and small teams to deliver web development projects and co-ordinates multiple internal and third-party resources.
- Works independently, with minimal guidance and counsel, yet understands appropriate review and approvals needed prior to publishing information.
- Manages over 1,000 requests/ yearly
- Available after regular business hours and weekends as required for project delivery and emergency response.
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted; your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.