Prep Cook - Cirque du Soleil - Edmonton, AB
Are you interested in being part of the Cirque du Soleil magic? Come join Adecco as we delve into the world of Kurios where reality is relative. Adecco is currently hiring Prep Cooks to join the team in a contract opportunity from July 20, 2017 - August 13, 2017 for their Kurios show.
Prep Cook Responsibilities
- Prepare cold and hot sections of the kitchen service line;
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment;
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods smelling, or piercing them with utensils;
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices;
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches;
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment;
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period;
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes;
- Assists others in closing the kitchen;
- Assist in other areas as needed and assigned by other CDS Kitchen Manager and Head-Chef.
Prep Cook Qualifications
- 2 years hands on kitchen experience or effective combination of education and experience;
- Culinary skills and techniques for preparing small and large quantities of food;
- Ability to handle and prepare a variety of raw and cooked foods;
- Strong understanding and compliance with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures;
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment;
- Possession of Red Seal certification is an asset;
- Ability to work well under pressure and take direction;
- Motivated team player with good initiative and problem solving abilities;
- Assist in other areas as needed and assigned by other Cirque Kitchen Manager and Head-Chef;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, days, evenings and weekends;
- Reasonable knowledge in English and language of the Market;
- Availability for the whole Market duration.
Prep Cook Availability
To be considered for this role you must be able to work from July 20, 2017- August 13, 2017 and be able to work Tuesdays - Sundays between 8:00 am - 11:00 pm
If you are interested in this Prep Cook opportunity, please click on apply now.