The Business Development Representative will be involved in providing clients with customized HVAC Preventive Maintenance Programs designed to ensure reliable operation, extended equipment life and optimized energy use. The ideal Business Development Representative will be able to address both Preventive Maintenance and installation sales opportunities within the building owners, managers and tenants market.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with prospective customers.
- Develops sales leads and revenue generation through follow up with maintenance contracts, T&M and project activity.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in the use and application of all software, tools, and materials.
- Keeps Management informed of sales progress and important changes in the marketplace.
- Develops and maintains a network of business contacts.
-Builds rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and other outside agents.
- Measures and manages quotes to close sales.
- Maintains a strong understanding of service requirements in industrial, commercial, institutional, and special purpose buildings.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)., combined with sound technical knowledge and conceptual skills will help in promoting and successfully negotiating inspection, all-inclusive service agreements, and specific retrofit projects.
- Use strong presentation skills to develop professional business relationships.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including solid working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Understand the decision making process and be able to gain access to the correct decision makers.
- Qualify potential customers, make effective sales presentations and effectively respond to questions and objections.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns to assure resolution and maintain long-term relationships.
- Estimates cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement and apply company pricing standards to the estimate.
- Works with Service Manager in the preparation of responses to “Requests for Proposals” contract renewals, pre-qualifications, and estimates as required.
- Provides recommendations on whether to modify, repair, or replace specific equipment.
- Represents our client in a professional manner.
- Performance will be evaluated on developing opportunities through cold calling and customer inquiries, regular reports on sales progress, and meeting sales targets.
- HVAC industry experience and technical knowledge
- Outside sales experience with a proven track record, preferably in an HVAC environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience selling Service Agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to appraise and survey mechanical systems.
- Estimating experience
- A proven record of Client interaction, preferably in an HVAC environment.
- Be personable, have a professional appearance.
- Solid organizational skills, combined with a strong sense of urgency.
- Results oriented.
- Detail Oriented with Excellent Decision-making, Problem-solving and Organizational Skills.
- Proven team player.
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers
Please email resume in Word.doc format to the consultant indicated below. In the email, indicate the job title in the subject heading, while also indicating the reasons why you feel you may be suitable for our client’s role in the email body. Please also indicate and specific requirement, including salary desired. While we thank everyone for their interest, only selected applicants will be contacted.
Account Manager, Engineering and Manufacturing – Roevin