Our client is looking for a Route Manager for the Scarborough, ON area.
The Route Manager is accountable to the Service Manager for: day-to-day supervision of all Route Sales Representatives (RSRs); training, coaching and motivating existing RSRs; facilitating an effective training program for all new RSRs; management of Route Specialists; day-to-day check-ins; maintenance of Service Standards; and management communication with RSRs and other key personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS:
-Assists the Service Manager in developing a short-term account retention / revenue growth strategy
-Provides day-to-day supervision of RSRs (e.g., check-ins, route rides, etc).
-Schedules and manages Route Specialists, to include route coverage, new account installs, measuring of major accounts, etc.
-Holds RSRs accountable for following Service Standards and other standard operating guidelines
-Supports the functions of all other service personnel (Service Coordinator, etc.)
-Partners with Account Managers and RSRs to achieve growth, retention, penetration and profitability of all existing accounts
-Follows all financial procedures as it relates to service, e.g., route audits, check-ins, account receivables (NCND), etc.
-Coordinates the completion of all actions items on all Performance Reviews and Customer Progress Reports, and
-Handles escalated customer service issues including pricing discrepancies and Contract Enforcement and Service Agreement Renewals
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS:
- Implements the corporate and regional training processes for new and existing RSRs
- Conducts route rides with new and existing RSRs, on a weekly basis
-Evaluates RSR performance, skills and performance of Service Standards.
-Assists the Service Manager in the selection process of new RSRs
- provides feedback to the Service Manager on individual performance of RSRs, and
- Acts as liaison between Customer Service (Service Coordinators) and the RSRs to ensure that customers are getting immediate response to all inquiries
-Bachelor's degree in business, sales, customer service or management preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
-1 Year route-based sales experience (RSR preferred)
- 2-3 Years experience providing excellent customer service, with demonstrated success: retaining and growing accounts; identifying and resolving problems in ways that were satisfactory to the customer and the Company; leading and training peers or work group
-Previous supervisory or management experience preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES etc.:
-Valid commercial driving license, applicable Federal and Ministry of Transportation certification
If you are interested in this Route Manager job in Scarborough, ON please apply directly online.