We are looking for a Research Engineer/Research Scientist who could be our client's Chief Scientist in the R&D department. The individual would have 10+ years' experience in developing both thermal plasma system and advanced materials production process (metallic powder production), and distinguished achievements in the related field. The individual is expected to be an expert with abundant experience in field of thermal DC plasma torches and additive manufacturing and lead/guide the development of thermal DC plasma torches and advanced materials production.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package with relocation assistance as required. Are you looking for the freedom to design and test your plasma creations to change the world? Then this is the opportunity for you!
- Lead a team responsible for designing thermal plasma technologies for waste-to-energy processes, hazardous waste destruction, advanced materials production, and other potential applications in industries
- Make a working plan for the development of novel technologies and provide leadership to the team to achieve the required objectives effectively.
- Stay current with advances of plasma technologies, ensure adequate technical competencies are maintained and developed in the team
- Provide fundamental understanding of phenomena leading to the improvement of plasma technologies
- Strive to make technological breakthrough for the development of plasma torches and metallic powder production
- Lead the team to develop, design, test and optimize thermal DC plasma system for pilot- and industrial- scale processes
- Guide the tests of new torches to optimize the design and operating parameters and improve the plasma technologies (Stability, Thermal efficiency, plasma plumes of high enthalpies, reliability, serve life of wear components, etc.)
- Educate/coach other members of the team to facilitate understanding of the performance, configuration, and improvement of new/modified plasma torches and processes
- Monitor the operation of plasma torches during tests, evaluate process data and identify opportunities to improve the technologies
- Troubleshoot plasma torches and equipment issues as they arise
- Supervise and verify the work of team members
- PH.D in plasma physics, thermal engineering or other related disciplines.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the fundamental principles, theories, practices, and established methodology of engineering, plasma physics, chemistry, and mathematics
- 10+ years¿ research/industrial experience in designing thermal DC plasma system and additive manufacturing processes
- Experience in designing thermal plasma torches that have been successfully commercialized in the following fields:
- Additive manufacturing
- Waste-to-Energy application
- Metallurgical processing
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Thermal treatment and nanotechnology manufacturing
- Experience/expertise in designing the torches and their power supply is a must
- Experience of commissioning & testing plasma torches
- Experience in converting AC (alternating Current) power to higher power DC (Direct Current) power supply
- Experience in designing additive manufacturing processes (metallic powder production)
- Experience in applying plasma torches in additive manufacturing environment
- Experience of plasma spheroidization and plasma atomization technologies
- Familiar with atomization technologies for metallic powder production
- Proven track record of high quality publications of patents in the related fields
- Team player with good communication and coordination skills
- Creative, self-starter, motivated learning
- Fluent in English
- Experience in operating and maintaining the plasm system in industrial processes preferred
- Experience in metallurgical science, including metrology, microscopy, non-destructive evaluation, surface science and nucleation & growth theory is preferred
- Experience characterizing phase transformation, kinetics and thermodynamics in metallic systems, is preferred
If you are interested in this exciting Chief Scientist opportunity, please click on Apply Now!