Adecco is hiring a full time and permanent role, IT Security Analyst for our client, a leading nuclear science and technology organization based in Chalk River, ON.
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for:
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and ongoing operation of the client¿s Cyber Security Program
- Coordinates and conducts audits of IT systems and infrastructure (hardware/software compliance, user accounts, application access, etc.), ensures action items are identified, defined, and monitored for completion.
- Assists in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security testing exercises.
- Participates in the execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security testing exercises.
- Monitors IT security toolset and enforce IT security policies and procedures, e.g. password policy compliance, approval of external users, ensure server configuration compliance, etc.
- Creates reports on activities such as Internet usage, Email usage, and Malware/Virus Alerts.
- Researches emerging threats, products, services, protocols, and standards, e.g. assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor to moderate) and works with appropriate groups to implement changes to services, .e.g. wireless, remote computing, encryption, etc.
- Participate in resolving identified Cyber Security Incidents and accurately document and report the details of Cyber Security Incidents
- Recommends hardware/software security patches and any other security measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Provides input to Cyber Security Requirements for new projects, ensuring adequate Cyber Security engagement throughout the life of the project, e.g. contributes and reviews project proposals and solutions, conduct risk assessments to ensure risk levels are managed, and compliance with Cyber Security Program, Privacy, and Protection of Information requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments, business partners & external agencies on IT security issues
The IT Security Analyst must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in IT or any other relevant field (preferred focus on Network Technology and/or Security)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience, training or certification in COBIT 5 and ITIL V3 frameworks
- Relevant training, experience, or certification(s), such as, CISSP, SSCP (ISC2) or CISM, CISA (ISACA) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct security and compliance audits.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems and networks. (Windows/Linux/Cisco/wireless).
- Demonstrated knowledge of hacking techniques, investigative process and attack methods.
- Demonstrated investigative mindset with the ability to discover, identify, capture and document relevant information into a cohesive report.
- Excellent communication skills and sense of initiative
If you are interesting in applying to our IT Security Analyst, please submit your resume as soon as possible by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below.