Roevin Technology is hiring for a UX/UI (Mobile) Designer for one of our leading public sector clients in Ottawa. This is an excellent contract opportunity with a possibility for multiple extensions.
Our client is looking for a UX/UI (Mobile) designer with a deep passion for user-centered design, technology and innovation. This role is for you if you're an original thinker and an idea generator who's not afraid to think outside the confines of the status quo. You can translate creative concepts into visually stunning layouts, believe in collaboration and would like to be a part of a dedicated, user-focused team.
A little bit about our client:
Located in the heart of the city, our client is committed to providing innovative physical and electronic delivery solutions that create value for their customers, employees and all Canadians. At their core, our client values innovation in the marketplace, excellence in customer service, and integrity and respect in their actions. Our client offers the opportunity to work in a cutting edge work environment where you'll have a decisive hand in building the next big thing in delivery using the latest technology available.
UX/UI (Mobile) Designer Skills:
- Sketch, design and prototype solutions that improve the user experience of the native applications across multiple platforms
- Employ a user-centered design process to support the overall business strategy
- Ensure that a consistent design language is applied across the product
- Have a strong understanding of iOS and Android patterns and guidelines
- Stay on top of emerging design standards and trends
- Produce engaging animations, illustrations and iconography
- Seek out and leverage the insights from our research and analytics teams to inform designs
- Work closely with the development team delivering production-ready assets, specifications, and provide support through the implementation
UX/UI (Mobile) Designer Qualifications:
- A degree in human interaction design, visual/communication design, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Keynote, pen & pencil
- Examples of real mobile applications you've designed, and what you learned along the way
- Knowledge of user-centered design practices, usability, and accessibility
- Experience designing native mobile applications on iOS and/or Android
- Experience in designing motion and micro interactions
- Passion for solving design problems while understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making
- The ability to use pencil and paper for sketching ideas and lo-fi prototypes, and knowledge of digital design and prototyping tools
- A soft spot for typography (kerning/tracking/leading are words you use on a daily basis).
- A plus: knowledge of Pixate, Principle, Flinto
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume by clicking Apply Now!