Adecco Engineering & Technology Recruitment is currently searching for a Production Control Specialist for our client, a leader in their manufacturing sector, to support their manufacturing facility in Woodstock, Ontario. If you have this production control experience supporting manufacturing and inventory, and would like to know more about this opportunity, let’s get in touch!
QUALIFICATIONS - Production Control Specialist
- 3+ years’ experience in material planning/inventory control and supply chain management in the manufacturing industry.
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Inventory Control or Operations Management.
- Experience with lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Good understanding of supply chain metrics.
- Able to follow processes, make decisions, prioritize, manage time effectively, learn quickly and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, is a team player, but also works effectively independently.
- Able to multi-task on a daily basis and meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner and adapt to changes quickly.
- Proficient with SAP, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Able to negotiate.
- Strong organizational skills recording details and understanding barcode use.
- Strong math and critical thinking skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Production Control Specialist
- Ensure all responsible parts are available for production on a daily/weekly basis.
- Monitor and evaluate weekly firm orders for accuracy – stock levels, safety stock, ECI.
- Send orders to suppliers using the Production Sequence Master Schedule to meet weekly production demands.
- Follow-up with all outstanding purchase orders and ensure production demand is covered.
- Resolve parts shortage issues with the most cost-effective means available.
- Monitor Material Requirements Planning (MRP) process and daily requirement changes.
- Visit existing and potential suppliers to maintain/establish relationships, as well as to obtain more information regarding their operations.
- Report all inventory discrepancies.
- Monitor inventory losses and recommend loss-prevention programs.
- Conduct cycle counts: root cause variances and update the system.
- Enter non-stock orders as required.
- Order all fluids and greases for production and schedule return of all empty drums to the supplier.
- Understand overseas and local parts procurement lead times.
- Evaluate safety stock levels.
- Maintain and update required inventory level.
- Liaison with Quality Control Department for all supplier defect material.
- Analyze QPR’s issued by QC
- Arrange shipment of defective and non-defective parts
- Prepare bill of lading and when shipping within Canada
- Prepare customs invoices when shipping to the U.S/Internationally
- Maintain system accuracy through entire ECI process.
- Ensure old parts are ended and new parts are in the system (BOM updates)
- Ensure supplier readiness
- Analyze ECI timing and inventory run outs
- Ensure weekly communication with Engineering for ECI details
- Work to achieve minimal build out obsolescence yearly
- Process Parts Change Requests (PCR’s)
- Order parts for all modification requests and ensure parts are received in a timely manner
- Support new build trials
- Analyze new BOMS and work with buyers to ensure all parts are setup to correct vendor and price – QPC – lead time
- Order parts for the trials
Don’t miss out on this Production Control Specialist position in Woodstock, ON. Apply now and our dynamic team of recruiters will reach out if you qualify for this role.