Security Technician

  • Location
    Pickering, Ontario
  • Job type
    Direct Hire
  • Category
    Information Technology - Security

Adecco is currently hiring for a permanent, Security Technician to work directly for our client located in Pickering ON.  In this role, you will be working in 70% in Durham, Windsor to Cornwall, Niagara Falls and north, the other 30%. Mileage will be reimbursed.

  • Location: Pickering ON base
  • Pay Rate: $24-$27/hour depending on experience
  • Assignment Type: Full Time | Permanent
  • Responsibilities:

  • Maintain network security by regularly monitoring all access points and providing vulnerability reports to management.
  • Issue IDs and monitor access; assist clients with password creation and usage.
  • Audit access throughout systems/applications and ensure access is at appropriate levels.
  • Analyze systems, security controls, and event logs to detect nefarious activity.
  • Build documentation of existing processes and exceptions based on audit findings.
  • Collaborate with team engineers and architects to ensure security of new projects.
  • Audit the company’s security controls to ensure they are working correctly.
  • Take advantage of educational opportunities to keep job knowledge updated.
  • Work with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) to assess and identify security compliance gaps and propose technical and operational remediation solutions.
  • Install CCTV, Access Control, and Intrusion hardware cabling and other forms of cabling as technology continues to evolve.
  • Help with testing of installed equipment and provide basic programming, such as, adding card readers, cameras, and alarm points to any system.
  • Assist in performing preventive maintenance and repair.
  • Requirements

  • Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
  • Ability to work on call as needed
  • Experience with firewall administration and network security
  • Knowledge of research techniques and information security policies
  • Accurate attention to detail and thorough organization skills
  • Ability to work independently and resolve issues
  • Familiarity with hubs, routers, and switches
  • Strong background in network security, computer systems, and the information security landscape
  • Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
  • Capable of frequent prolonged periods of standing, bending, pulling, twisting, reaching, climbing, and standing.
  • Detail-oriented, with superb organizational and clerical skills
  • Proficient will hand and power tools
  • Don’t miss out on this Security Technician position in Pickering ON. Apply now and if you meet our requirements an Adecco Recruiter will be in touch with you soon.



    • Apply with Adecco

    Reference number CA_EN_1_021050_1981876

    Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Adecco’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants will need to make their needs known in advance to their Adecco representative.

    Someone from Adecco/Roevin just contacted me, how do I tell if it’s legit or a scam? Here's how to protect yourself →


    e.g. 1234567890
    e.g. M5J 2N8 (all uppercase with space)


    Upload or attach document from


    Enter you work experience including both job title and job duties. Attaching your resume provides our consultants a better understanding of your work history and helps improve placement opportunities.
    Warehouse manager
    Write about the work you’ve done and any special skills you have.

    Terms of Use and Applicant Agreement

    Terms of use and Application agreement
    You must agree to the Terms of use and Application agreement to proceed.